A new turn of events has recently (or maybe not so recently) broadsided me. When the heck did I get old enough that OLD people thought it was okay to talk about sex with me? I do not want to know about that!
Somehow (with my amazing luck), I end up hearing about this stuff fairly often. Even worse, it always tends to be my dad's employees. Because they work for my father, I have to sit there and endure it. Truth be told, all I want to do is cover my ears and sing la la la la la but instead I attempt to smile and laugh at appropriate times. KILL ME!
Just the other day, my father's computer guy started making jokes with me about a former employee. These were the kind of jokes that I only feel comfortable making with close friends. To make it worse, he proceeded to add gestures and sounds. I will spare you the details but know that it was bad.
I attempted to tell my mother how this made me uncomfortable. MISTAKE.
Growing up is great. Sexy shoes and good drinks (along with countless other things) were totally worth getting old for. However, being incorporated into the personal lives of the people I will always consider the "adults" is a major downfall.
As I continue to type this, I am realizing this may not be an appropriate blog topic. Oh well. I'm inappropriate. I'm sure Philen would laugh at my extreme discomfort caused by this situation.
Let me know if you can relate.
XOXO
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment